The history of the estate dates back to 1 half of the sixteenth century. In the twenties of the seventeenth century, the estate was acquired by Stefan Dobrogost Grzybowski.
From its inception until the World War II, Chrzęsne was owned or remained under the care of twelve owners or administrators. Noticeable place among them was taken by Stefan D. Grzybowski, Józef Kossakowski, Andrzej Zamoyski, Mateusz Murawski and the last owners - the Koskowski family.
The palace was frequented by guests: Jan Owidzki, a popular illustrator and painter, Julian Maszyński, book illustrator, the author of several works of painting devoted to the surroundings. Also here, Władysław Podkowiński, a painter, was eager to spend his summer holidays. Just here, in this area, were created in the years 1891 to 1892, such works as, among others: In the garden, In gooseberries, A Morning in Chrzęsne, Portrait of Wincentyna Karska, Lupine in the sun, Mokra Wieś, Bronisia, A Meeting. Associated with Koskowski family was Miłosz Kotarbiński, co-organizer, and later a director of the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw.
The most important element of the historic complex remaining until today is a well-preserved Late Renaissance palace. The façade is decorated by interestingly designed corners of the building, window framing, pilasters and toothed cornice above a frieze. Also interestingly presented are spaces inside the building with preserved original architectural details.
The entire complex includes, in addition to the palace, an administrative building (former "czworak" - cottage with four chambers) and reconstructed granary. Once there were also wooden stables and sizeable cellars, and the whole was surrounded by a landscape park.